Friday, May 4, 2012

I just want to impress you!

So after hearing the parent relationship relating to the enneagram from Jei, I looked mine up out of curiosity.
I am a type 3 (wing 4) and for 3s it basically said the child will try to get great achievements in order to impress and, feel worthy to their parents. OH BOY I can relate to that. Although my parents aren't the type that is okay with C's and D's, my parents won't go insane on me as long as I try. However I still don't want to be a let down, I don't want them to be ashamed of me. Whenever I don't do as well as I hope I would I immediately think 'Mom is going to be so upset' or 'Mom will be so mad' when my mom won't yell at me for grades but instead I get a little sigh, that kills me. This idea of thinking makes me want to achieve everything and if I don't sometimes I feel like it is the end of the world. This could explain why my teachers accuse me of being a perfectionist all the time. I got the nickname 'worry wart Sarah' in chem a couple days ago (but it hasn't come up again so it is probably a one time thing). Sometimes I get called a nervous Nelly too.



No comments:

Post a Comment