Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Plumb

So two days ago in Physics (which gives me 5 periods in a row with Brian Brew can I get a hell yeaH) we were talking about Plumb bobs and why it is called that. Well if you want to use something as a weight, lead was always a good choice. Have you noticed how lead's symbol is Pb? Well in Latin lead is actually plumbum. Kind of a funny word isn't it pluuuuummmmmbuuuummmmm. I then chirped into the conversation and asked if it had anything to do with plumbers. Apparently it does! Long ago before we figured out drinking lead is probably not safe, we would fix the pipes with lead! The teachers seem shocked that I made such a connection and I was shocked that is was the 5th period in a row I made myself look like a huge nerd. I just like learning. I'm not a huge fan of the whole school thing but I love obtaining knew knowledge. Does anybody else feel like that? I have so much knowledge of the strangest things that most people that talk to me for a while eventually turn around to me and say, "how the f*ck do you know that" and "how does your brain hold all of this information". I'm not sure I can recite my 7 times tables but I sure can tell you in depth how giraffes give birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment