Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Made with Love and Stabbing

Hello to anybody that keeps up with this blog. I have been meaning to make this post for a few weeks now but I had to wait a few weeks for Micro Center to give me a call about my computer they were 'diagnosing'. It is really dumb actually. I come in and tell them exactly what is wrong with my computer and they make me pay for them to look at my computer for two weeks only for them to tell me the exact thing I told them to begin with. They didn't even fix it. I just took it back because school is starting and I'm not gonna get it fixed for half the price I payed for the whole computer. It isn't that bad. But enough of my ranting.

A few weeks ago I looked up needle felting. If you don't know what needle felting is, it is a kind of craft where you are pretty much sculpting and shaping wool to look like what you want it to. This is done by using a special needle that tangles the wool with it self while you stab the piece into the shape you please.

You can make something like this without any thread

What I wanted to make out of wool was Puppycat from Bee and Puppycat which is really funny and cute. It is made by Rebecca Sugar who created Fiona and Cake for Adventure time and does storyboarding for Adventure Time.
You can watch both parts here:
Puppy cat looks like 

Here is my progress on my project
took some wool and made it into a ball

this picture should have came first but that's life sometimes 

viola! made the shape of the body

 because you are stabbing wool with a needle very close to your fingers things may get a little bloody

 Made the shape of the head and attached it to the body by jabbing around where I want the two pieces to connect
made the leg and brown paw and connected it the same way as the head
hooray now all the legs are done

look I got myself a band aid

made a tail but I didn't like it so the current tail is different than the one depicted

got some ears and eyebrows or whatever those brown spots are! Now I just have to decide how I'm going to go about the face and the collar. I think I want to sew the eyes in with thread (I know I said you don't need thread but you can if you want some details) use wool for the nose, maybe thread for the mouth. I don't have pink wool so I might have to either get some or maybe coloring some white wool myself. As for the bell on the collar I think a real bell would be a nice touch.
I'll keep you update with this... and not stab my fingers too much. 





1 comment: