Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fighting Evil by Moonlight...

and by evil I mean the tear jerking process that is putting a cosplay together that I will wear to New York Comic Con. Some of my past cosplays are:
Italy from Axis Powers Hetalia 
Terezi Pyrope from Homestuck
Marceline the Vampire Queen of Adventure Time
 and whatever the ever living hell Michelle and I will call this
(psch as if you will ever see my first cosplay)

THIS YEAR I will be cosplaying as Usagi/Serena Tsukino also known as Sailor Moon
I never approached the idea of cosplaying her because she is such an iconic character I thought it would be really expensive. Don't get me wrong cosplay no matter what is expensive, and yes mom, I know I could save a lot of money for the future instead of dressing up as characters running through New York City. But Sailor Moon cosplay wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. I bought a good basic Sailor Moon costume that was inexpensive and not made out of that cheap looking shiny satin. I got small little accessories like the hairpins and blue contacts. 

Last night I got a ton done with Michelle Li finishing my boots, starting my broach and fixing my wig. I honestly don't know what I would do with out her. She is so helpful to me for a cosplay she isn't even wearing  I can not thank her enough. I feel bad taking away some of your time to work on your Kiki's Delivery Service cosplay to help me!

My wig's ponytails (not the odango buns) were much curlier, frizzier, and knottier than they should be so Michelle, my belle, helped me straighten them my pouring boiling water over them about 3-4 times for each pony tail. 
I wish I had a before picture :(
We also made boot covers that go over my red cowboy boots. I didn't take a picture of them with the boot cover on because I still have to add crescent moons on them but have this picture of me in red cowboy boots.
as Ted Moesby would say "pulling them off."

We also watched a lot of Spongebob and listened to Biggie Smalls which causes my dreams to be haunted by Spongebob as The Notorious B.I.G.

I like to think of cosplay as an art form. I mean some cosplays are so amazing I am just so awestruck and inspired. That's why I liked Syfy's controversial show Heroes of Cosplay. Although it is a bit like America's Next Top Model meets comic con all of the work done on the show is really impressive and interesting to watch them make. They use machines I don't even know exist to craft and bring their cosplays to life.
Jessica Merizan as Tank Girl
This photo above was my personal favorite cosplay on the show. It really brought Tank Girl to life! She made all of this and a helmet. She did a bald Tank Girl which isn't very common. 
Riki from Heroes of Cosplay as Hell Girl
I wish my wallet was bigger so I could pull off a really great cosplay.

in the meantime here is a picture of Michelle's cat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment