Tuesday, September 3, 2013

School jitters and the death of summer.

My last first day of school is tomorrow. I'm almost positive I'll have to take a 'first day of school' picture with my sister who will be a freshman. Mentally I'll appear stoic by I can feel my body shaking. But I think the shakes are just the side effects of the anti-depressants. ANYWHO- I'm really looking forward for STAC tomorrow. I can't believe it is my fourth year! I still remember walking in as a little (not much littler) freshie entering a room of excitement and newbie nervousness. [I also remember spilling water on my crotch but I think I got away with that one]. I don't want to be nostalgic I want to be so happy and have so much fun this year! I think sometimes we get to caught up in STAC nostalgia and don't enjoy the present. I'm mostly looking forward to observing the newbies and how they adjust to this special little program of ours. The first day is always funny to me because it has these clashing feelings of 'oh shit what did I get myself into, what am I doing oh god oh god what's happening' and 'heyyyyy gurl how was your summer I missed you! nice haircut look at the newbies' in the air. I'm a pessimist with a lot of hope. I expect everything to go wrong but I hope with my whole heart that it will go swimmingly.

I'm pretty sure I got paler this summer rather than tan. I'm cool with looking dead.

1 comment: