Monday, September 10, 2012

So today I started painting for what seems to be months. It's strange but I had the issue that I forgot where to start. I slowly started getting into it, starting with a background or base color, and then everything came back to it's normal pace. Like I said in my last post painting people I respect is somewhat intimidating to be and also causes me to become more of a perfectionist. However I do my best to not let that stop me.

Today I did/started a painting of my favorite actor, Cillian Murphy
the lights in the room made it look kinda different and the camera kinda sucks but I don't know if I want to work on it more. I was just working on it. It started aggravating me, but I'm hoping I'll like it if I look at it later.

 I've seen him do many different roles (even playing a woman in a few) and each one he does very well. I also think it is kinda cool how he avoids the typical 'famous person' life style and rarely talks about his personal life in interviews. I'm not quite sure why I respect that so much. Maybe it is because it gives me the sense that he does acting just for acting not really for any of the other benefits. Watch movies he is in. He is great.

I painted him today because he's my favorite actor and because the picture had a lot of distinct shapes due to his intense cheekbones.

I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to keep working on this tomorrow or start a new painting.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent for being rusty and only a few hours' work.

    ReplyDelete