Thursday, September 20, 2012

qvestions

PART ONE

1) You've worked on a group film and on your own. In which situation are you most comfortable - group or solo? Which do you work best in?
I think I'm more comfortable by myself but I do like to do group projects too. I like working groups because  it can have lots of cool ideas that come together, or it makes the workload easier. If you are in a good group, everything is a lot of fun and you can get a lot done. If the group isn't so good it can take forever to get things done and be extremely frustrating. I think I like working with myself because in most situations I get things done faster and I have control of what I want to do for the most part.


Both are good though.

 2) What did you learn that you expected to learn?
A lot of what I did was more for practice and getting myself back into painting. I had moment where I had to re-teach myself how to paint with oils. I did learn a little bit more about mixing colors.

3) What did you learn that you didn't expect to learn?  
I learned how hard it is to work with colors (especially skin tones) in comparison to doing a painting in Payne's Gray and Zinc White. I also learned that with paints a lot of the time it doesn't come together right away you have to build up all the colors and stuff before it really looks like something or good.

4) What didn't you learn that you expected to learn?
To be honest I didn't have too many expectations, or plans for learning that week. I wanted to get some paintings done. So I did that.

 5) Praise your amazing achievement and explain your brilliant plan for pulling it off.
These paintings are so good you can even hang them on the ceiling because it will be the first thing you will want to see when you wake up. If you need a self confidence boost get rid of all the mirrors in your house and replace them with these paintings so when you go to look at the mirror you will be like "DAYUM I LOOK GOOD" when it really just my painting and you should probably brush you hair.
My brilliant plan was to focus on not only accuracy on drawing, proportions, and on colors, and shades. I used my time wisely and paced myself so these paintings could be as fabulous as they are.

PART TWO


1) How much time did you spend working?
I spent all my time in STAC and even spent time at home working on it (thankfully that week I didn't have too much homework).

2) How much time did you spend thinking about the work - sort of sitting there and staring at it, or listening to it over and over again, etc.?
It was different for each painting. The first one I barely did that in comparison to the second and third painting. This happened the most with the second painting because I didn't know when to call the painting 'finished'. I spent a lot of time looking at it trying to find more to do with it but I couldn't find anything so I called it done.

3) How much time did you spend doing other stuff that seems like work to that make you think you're working but you're not?
Again with the second painting I did that when I wasn't sure what else to work on. I would add very minuscule details in hopes it will change how it looks so it feels done but it really didn't do anything.

4) How much time did you spend socializing?
I talked while I worked. I don't think it really got in the way of getting my work done.

5) How did you use your community?
People passing by telling me what they liked about gave me some justification.
Caitlin spent a lot time last year learning how to mix paints so she helped out with that, and she would tell me what looked weird or what I should fix. It's helpful because sometimes I don't see my mistakes right away.

6) Rip apart your awful project and how did such a disaster happen?
Oh god, the colors just look awful, a child could probably do better. It doesn't even look like the reference photos, if I stepped in paint and kicked a canvas it would probably look better than the paintings I did this week. A lot of it looks sloppy and not proportionate. The skin tones make the person look very ill or dead. I put shame to the people the paintings are of.   

7) You've completed a step on your path. What is your next step?
Try to figure out what I can do to improve and make what I'm doing come easier and look nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment