Thursday, September 13, 2012

Intentions.

After only using, pencil, charcoal, conte crayons, ink, and my digital art tablet over the past few months I decided to dedicate this week to work on my oil painting skills. For the first painting of Cillian Murphy I only used Payne's Gray and Zinc White oil paints to get comfortable with using the paints again. I chose that picture because of the good shapes and shades. Also because Cillian Murphy is my favorite actor. The second painting of Gerard Way to work on painting with more colors, learning to control the colors. I liked some of the shadows on his face in the picture so that is why I chose to paint that. Gerard Way is one of my favorite people but I don't draw/paint him often so I wanted to do that. Last one of the sad old woman was also for working on colors, mainly the skin tones which I have the most difficulty with. I got the picture of the old woman on google images (no she is not my grandma). It was a nice picture with good skin tones.

Overall this was for the sake of doing something I haven't been able to work on for a while, in hopes of learning and improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment