Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I don't appreciate the colors at the moment.

So today was much harder than yesterday for me. Maybe I have my days mixed up and today's blog post is about problems and yesterday's about inspiration.

What happened that was different from yesterday was instead if just using Payne's Gray and Zinc White I used a whole lot of colors.  I ran into a lot problems with mixing the colors to match the reference picture (it was Gerard Way today). It was aggravating having it not come together right away, I had to build up colors and colors and colors for it to kinda look human and somewhat like the picture. I even got to the point where I was so fed up with it I washed it all off and started over again (I have never done that before). I barely got anything done by the time school was over. Thankfully I didn't have too much homework and spent some time working on it more at home while catching up with my dvr (mostly The Graham Norton Show).

I don't think it really looks like the picture but it is better than it was before so I'm glad about that.
 I think I'll work on it more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment