Thursday, September 6, 2012

7 questions.

First week of STAC. Glad to see all your lovely faces old and new. I still feel like I don't know all the newbies because I have been filming but I'm sure I'll get to that soon.
On to the 7 questions! Please excuse the highlighting I can't undo it for some reason.


1. What is the first creative moment you remember?
I'm not exactly sure what age I was but I remember dancing and singing some jibberish or something prancing around the room in costumes because my parent would play music. Mostly classic rock. The first song I ever knew the title to was 'Money' by Pink Floyd from the money sounds in the beginning. The concept of guessing song titles this way became rather tricky when I came across Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco. Sometimes when my cousin came over we would use Twizzlers as microphones and sing N'SYNC songs (we had a low budget). 
I don't remember when I started drawing. It was just something I've always done. I used to keep little notebooks and make up my own little creatures and stuff. 

2. Was anyone there to appreciate it?
My parents were. I don't think my younger sister was alive to bother me yet so I think just them and probably any friends and family we had over.

3. What is the best idea you've ever had?
I think my best idea was that I never stop drawing. Some kids play with paints and crayons when they are little and they little and for some reason just stop. Maybe it is because they eventually say 'Oh I can't draw' (I hate when people tell me this. It isn't that you can't draw. You just don't draw enough). Maybe their parents pushed them into soccer or something I don't know. 

Also this week I bought a horse mask and I feel it is one of the best purchases I have made  








4. What made it  great in your mind?
If I stopped drawing my life would be so different in ways I don't want to imagine. If I never stopped drawing I may have not been in STAC. If was never in STAC I may not be friends with the people I am friends with today and school would be so much more depressing and boring.

5. What is the dumbest idea?
One time when I was younger I was at my cousin's house and I thought it would be an excellent idea to dance to ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' on swivel chairs and of course I fell off and broke the two bones going into my wrist. This is the same cousin I would perform N'SYNC with.

6. What made it stupid?
A better question would be what did not make that stupid. Don't dance on swivel chairs. I know that sounds like a really fun time. It will be a bad time.  

7. Can you connect the dots that led you to this idea?
We are giggly children that did dumb things like that all the time. 

1 comment:

  1. "Maybe it is because they eventually say 'Oh I can't draw' (I hate when people tell me this. It isn't that you can't draw. You just don't draw enough)."

    This is true for everything, isn't it?

    You're so funny!!! What a funny writer you are! And the horse mask tops it off!

    A most original person you are, says Yoda.

    ReplyDelete