Monday, February 4, 2013

Fall Out Boy Died For Your Sins


I was going to blog about something else but this seems more urgent (I'll blog about the other thing later on tonight). You may have caught a glimpse of my freak out 9th period, but Fall Out Boy has announced that they are no longer on hiatus. Bassist, Pete Wentz announced it on tumblr, along with tour dates and a music video for their new song titled "My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up)".

Wentz wrote the following:

"When we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. It' why we started fall out boy in the first place. . This isn’t a reunion because we never broke up. We needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us.

The future of fall out boy starts now."

They have been on hiatus since 2009 which in the scheme of things is probably not too long but this hiatus in particular has been hyped up. Many fans collectively sobbed on a daily basis over the hiatus over the past 3-4 years. Some blogs were made dedicated to counting how many days it has been since the band has announced hiatus. To cope with the lack of content many fans made jokes about the hiatus. I'm sure now we can all look back and laugh about how ridiculous we all were. Maybe. Whenever I hear the word hiatus it shudder a bit. Every month for the past few years people made rumors on "Fall Out Boy back together" so it may have caused some trust issues. Although I know it probably wasn't their goal all this hype will probably make them huge again. Not like  that was really a huge problem for them, it's just that their last album Folie a Deux wasn't as well received as they probably have hoped. It was one of those situations where a band tries some new sounds out and a good number of fans are all like "oH Noo fOB is deaD! thIs new STUFF Is cRap" and sometimes fans got rude at shows when they played music off this album (I personally love this album). I think Gerard Way said it best: If you don't like bands changing their sound, listen to the same old albums. Of course sometimes bands release bad albums, but this was not Fall Out Boy's case. I think it taught fans that they don't know what they have until it is gone.

Where am I going with this? Well to be honest I'm not exactly sure. I had another idea in mind as to what I wanted to work on/towards, but now I think I would like to incorporate Fall Out Boy's music into my work in celebration. Maybe not a big project, but a least a little one that I can smile at when I look back to it.

This feels like Jesus rising from the dead. This is like a pop punk Easter.
Remember kiddies,
Fall Out Boy died for your sins!
Reason#3246 why I should not be allowed to use photoshop. Yes I know I just compared FOB to Jesus and this is God touching Adam but let's not burn my house down over it, please?

The new Fall Out Boy single:
I personally like it, as expected it doesn't sound like their older music, which I am fine with. I'm just glad they are back to be honest.




citations:
Tumblr. N.p., 4 Feb. 2013. Web. 4 Feb. 2013. <http://petewentz.com/post/ 
     42274051819/fobhiatusisover-when-we-were-kids-the-only>. 

3 comments:

  1. I WAS GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS YOU POOP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry. For I am a piece of fecal matter that does things that fecal matter does.


      also,
      you snooze you lose
      early bird gets the worm

      ya butt

      Delete
  2. This is the most ridiculous use of Michaelangelo's The Creation that I've seen in a long time. Fall Out Boy elevated to deity status! The Sistine Chapel caves in at the thought!

    You don't have to cite these sorts of things - more cite whatever you are researching for a project, for specific work.

    ReplyDelete