Friday, February 15, 2013

I come from the Nightosphere

Since Lexi, Danny and I did not film today I went home and watched a ton of Adventure Time. I don't care if you think you are too cool for cartoons Adventure Time is flawless. The post nuclear war world it takes place in is really cool, it has tons of kingdoms Candy Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, Lumpy Space, Hot Dog Kingdom, Cloud Kingdom, and much more. So many princesses: Bubblegum, Hot Dog, Slime, Ghost, Lumpy Space, Orange, Lunchbox princess, etc. I like how almost anything can exist, it leaves a lot of room to be creative and it easily helps me off an art block. It also teaches great lessons with out being corny and annoying.

ANYWAYS
As I was watching Adventure Time one episode called Ignition Point and I picked up on that the episode kept referencing to Hamlet. I am currently reading Hamlet in AP English. I get excited when things I am learning/reading comes up in other things I see/read/hear/other five senses. Is that normal? Or am I a nerd? I like learning.


As I said earlier in this blog post, Adventure Time gets me off art blocks so when I took a break from Adventure Time, I drew my favorite character Marceline the Vampire Queen with a hair cut.

If I was a cartoon character, I would probably be Marceline. Most of the time she looks like:
I went to New York Comic Con two years ago as her (and Michelle Li was Fiona). We both got stopped a lot because people wanted to take pictures of us.
Michelle and I then met the creator of Adventure Time
see Michelle in the background as Fiona!


Pen Ward drew me Marceline because I was dressed as her. This morning my dad walked into my room look at the drawing and thought it was me. I guess the long hair and fangs make it look like me.




Well I think my tea is ready... so long and goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment