Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How do I know I really like something? I have the urge to draw it. Whether is me recreating what I see or if it original fan art, when I really like something I constantly have the thought in my head "I want to draw this". The other night I was watching the new bond film Skyfall I thought it was pretty good. I had the urge to draw something related to it. Specifically Ben Whishaw who played the Quartermaster. He stood out to me throughout the film because I already knew his work rather well. I watch a show on the BBC he stars in called The Hour. The Hour is about the BBC in the 1950s during the Suez Crisis (you should watch it if you ever get some time). Ben Whishaw also played multiple roles in Cloud Atlas. I actually did draw something related to Skyfall in my 365 because I wanted to and Adele's song in the movie was my excuse.
Ben Whishaw as Q in Skyfall
Another film I watched was Submarine a British coming of age comedy-drama. Again. I want to draw it. Thanks to Alex Turner (lead singer of the Arctic Monkeys) doing the soundtrack, I once again had an excuse to draw it for my 365. It is a book too. I'm ashamed to say I have not read it yet (I own it) but I will after I finish the book I am reading now.


Right now I am reading the book Warm Bodies. I want to draw something related to it. Who would have guessed?! You might have heard of it because it is going to be a film very soon and the commercials play often. I am trying to read the book before I see the movie and so far I have not been able to put it down. If somebody told you the synopsis you would probably look at them with disgust because it is about a zombie who falls in love with a living girl. However it isn't sappy and poorly written like other supernatural romances that come to your mind (I'm not naming any names). There are some many lines that make me think to myself "I like how that was written". Zombies are not really my favorite supernatural creatures because they seem so mindless and that comes off as a little boring to me in comparison to other supernatural creatures (I still like zombies). This book is narrated by the zombie named 'R' (he forgot the rest of his name), and I never really cared about a zombie's well being until now.

Maybe after I finally put the book down and study for midterms I'll draw something related to it.


R and his friend M

No comments:

Post a Comment