Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Psychogeography 2.5 [I tried again!~]

So this time I think I understand liminal psychogeoraphy  more so than last time. The pictures here are have somewhat of contradictions or differences, they are near each other but there is a a space between them that can mental or physical. For projects like this I find things that I wouldn't take notice or take the time to think about on a regular basis. Some of the photos here have a similar theme to it, some don't. I saw some cultural influences, fake and reality, good and bad, etc.
I know the directions said "no plants" but here I was not focusing on that. This here is Life vs. Death

You wouldn't expect this in my room right? This here is Nightmare vs. Dreams

On the left is family photos and on the right is a mirror. This is representing in my eyes past and present.

I actually found this like that! It is School problems vs. real problems.

I have a full size bed so this was a bit hard to capture in the rule of thirds. My bed is the space between the real world and the dream world.

My sister and I are polar opposites. The space between that keeps our rooms apart is that wall there [I love that wall for that reason.].

Again me trying to bend the rules are far as not taking pictures of people. This is supposed to be real life vs. fake TV lives.

Gravity vs. me. My legs are the space between.
5:30 AM- dawn. The space between night and day.
Let me explain this one. This is a bamboo branch with wishes written on paper. This was made for the star festival, which is a Japanese festival in July. I made it with my friend who came here recently from Japan when I went to her house. Because she is learning English she wrote her wish in Japanese, when I  wrote mine in English because that is my language. I felt that was a space between two cultures.
The green one was my wish that I wrote in English. The blue one is my friend's wish she wrote in Japanese.

1 comment:

  1. Otay, now you're cooking and there even some good good pictures in here. I like the two rooms and the geometry book the best (think about it - if you didn't shoot that rule of thirds wouldn't that picture suck?), but I also like the wishing tree. The idea behind is liminal - intersection of languages. of reality and wishes, etc. Good show!

    ReplyDelete