Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A mess a paint can become something much bigger.

So Monday workshop I started of a little bummed that I bought all the wrong things, and then got a little scared that I wasn't going to paint right (if there is really such thing). I tend to have no self confidence in my art, or anything in general. These paintings remind me of what my English teacher told me when she saw me doodling in class, she said, "Sketches are so cool to me because it started out looking like a bunch of lines but then turns into something recognizable.", of course this isn't sketching, its paint, but I feel like it has the same idea to it. After getting more comfortable with the paint, I started getting somewhere, somewhere where it looks somewhat human. Although it looked more like Elvis than Clint Eastwood, I am pleased with it, considering it was my first time trying this.

1 comment:

  1. Great first painting, great start. You'll only get better at it - how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete