Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jim Bonnie

While eating during STAC Wednesday, I kept hearing good things about Jim Bonnie, I even heard that people cried last time. I thought they were joking but when I found out that  it was true, I got a bit scared and nervous, because I don't like people seeing me cry. When we met Jim Bonnie, he seem confident and comfortable, something I'm not. I was a little intimidated. He was explaining how we are surrounded by zombies, draining our energy, and how we have to stop having our energy drained. Just walking through any hallway at Herricks you can see zombies, everywhere. Then he had us lie down and told us to bring back the child in us, when I closed my eyes a pictured something bizarre, possibly scary, or warped. I pictured myself when I was little smiling, but then gets punched in the back, little me falling to the ground laying there almost looking dead, but growing and transforming into what I look like now. Creepy. Afterwards Mr. Bonnie had is yell phrases like "OUTTA MY WAY!" "DON'T PICK ON ME!" "SLIMEBALL!" and yell no to things he told us we couldn't do. Doing that was like releasing any negative energy I had, giving me a fresh start with myself. I felt stronger and that nothing in my way could stop me. I felt like I could look anyone in the eyes and take them down. Later on we paired up, I was with Jon and we did an improv where he was a teacher upset with me a rebellious student. Jon looked like he wasn't having the best day so I felt bad acting like a bratty student. It was fun, considering I don't improv often (at least in STAC that is). Just working with Jim Bonnie one day was thrilling so I'm excited for the next workshop!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good description of what goes on in a Jim Bonnie workshop.

    I think you have natural talent for the whole performing/acting thing.

    In fact, I think you can do anything you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete