Friday, February 4, 2011

Paper... lots and lots of paper. Workshop day 2

So today I rushed to the testing room to get my last proof done on my math test, so I wouldn't have to miss a minute of workshop today! Today in our sinful workshop we are finally starting to put are doodles to life. Sadly Margaret makes this look easy, and creating some shapes are much more complicated that I would imagine (or maybe thats just me...). I started with the bathtub (if you don't know what I talking about, my sketch of it was in my last blog) and I can make a ball of newspaper but a bathtub... is a bit more complex (for me atleast...). After getting some help from Margaret I got the bathtub shape and some legs of the bathtub. Because of me being a bit of a slowpoke, I brought the various buches of newspaper home for me to work on over the weekend. I will finish that and next time I see Margaret we will get that paper mache to cover it!

PS: I think it is kinda awesome how Margaret started a blog!: http://margaretteachingandlearning.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Margaret was very inspired by you all blogging.

    The papier mache and shape making gets a lot easier the more you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I think you did great with the bathtub! It definitely gets easier to mold the newspaper. I only started putting little details like buttons on recently. Can't wait to see the piece on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete