Saturday, February 12, 2011

I might be getting the hang of this. Just maybe.

Once Margaret got here friday (yesterday) I got out my little containers, poured hot water, and margaret poured a little cup of... wheat paste? I forgot what it was called, but form there I got to work on my bathtub. I got to be honest, I think I  like the squishy feeling of the paper mache! Once I finished with the tub I think I started getting the hand of it, at least I think so, for I know I could be doing this all wrong! I finished about 85% during the workshop. The container I brought in had a top thankfully, so I brought some paper mache home with some paper, and I am finishing the rest this weekend. I feel like I am making a cast of a mummy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of wheat paste and papier mache. I'm glad you're getting the hang of it and having fun making a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely getting the hang of this! I'm glad you took some home to work on it over the weekend. I'm curious about how everyone responds to this process at home! See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete