Monday, November 1, 2010

Blue and Green.

 Throughout the movie Tell No One I noticed a lot of symbolism. One thing really stood out to me throughout the film. The scene with the little boy trying to find the green block was representing in a way a puzzle or a problem, and the when the boy picked up the blue block, I was thinking because Alex gave the boy the answer, it was representing a problem solved. As Alex is running I noticed his pants were sorta green [That or I am color blind. But i thought it was a gray green mix...]. I thought that symbolized that the problem is going on right now and we are trying to figure out what is going on. Later on the police officer [or was he a detective] on his way to Gilbert Neuvelles' house I noticed a blue car freshener in his car. I foreshadowed or thought because it was blue he will find out, solve, or be told the answer to the problems [which in the end he did over the wire that was in Alex's shirt]. Later on in the movie when Alex walked into Margot's father's house the couches were green but both Alex and the father [I really need to catch up on these names...] were both wearing  blue, so it was like all the problems being solved. Lastly, when Alex walks in the woods where the tree is its like all the plants which are obviously green for the most part, is representing all the problems that faced them came to a happy ending when Margot reunites with Alex.

Well, this is what I was thinking. Maybe too much thought put into that [maybe too little?]. Or maybe because blue and green are my favorite colors... but I hope not...

No comments:

Post a Comment