Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Not reccommended for consumption.

   Michelle and I have been working on this very strange art project called "Gross Garden". It consists of us drawing fruits and vegetables with human bodies in strange positions, doing odd acts, implying terrible things. Michelle and I have doodled together adding on to each other's doodle before but this has much more of a theme. We decided to collab with each other by exchanging a look while Mr. Ganes mentioned group work. I don't think it would be appropriate to use this as our STAC art project but we are still having a ton of fun with.

  It is very easy to tell that Michelle and I have a very warped sense of humor. There were points in doing this were we were laughing so hard and people would come by trying to understand why were hysterical only to get confused and walk away. Michelle and I get like this often. things like "little blueberry with flower" get us going. I don't know why either but it does.







  These are something that not only we find entertaining to do but are easy to make so it is something we can keep up with if we wanted to. We feel it is some interesting and simplistic we can put these out for the public to see. We are using tumblr as our outlet. I think this was the best choice because tumblr is a format that it is very easy to share and spread work around. Plus the majority of avid tumblr users have a sense of humor as warped as ours. I think a great examples of strange comics getting very popular on tumblr is the artist Frenums. During the Halloween season frenums made a lot of comics featuring skeletons saying really stupid or punny jokes.
an example:

wow
 If you would like to keep up with Michelle and my madness follow us on tumblr here

No comments:

Post a Comment