Monday, October 28, 2013

Under Pressure

*hums tune to Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie*
I feel like I have neglected this blog even when I had things I thought "I'll blog about that" I never did. Which bums me out, but I'll try to move past that.
      Lately all of this pressure seems to have slammed onto me at once. For a solid month I had little to no homework and now I am up til midnight working (and then another hour or so playing Pokemon X). I don't even have the time to make any art that I want which is really depresses me. Having an idea linger in your mind but not being able to express it with the effort you want to put into because of other responsibilities is frustrating in some ways. My first college deadline is soon so once I get that in I'm hoping the rest will come easier. I haven't even procrastinated any college work or school work (to a degree). I am hoping for this to settle down in the next week or two so I can take a small sigh oh relief and start anxiously awaiting for the letters.

      On the bright side my favorite holiday is this week! Halloween. The time of year I can indulge in all my spooky interests without it being weird. You may or may have not noticed that I wear Halloween socks all year round (that or socks with puppies, moose, or from Ireland). I was thinking about it and I kind of wish the older  you are the more effort you put into Halloween. I know everybody is busy and putting a costume together can be difficult (trust me I cosplay, I know) but seeing people put little effort into something that can be so creative is deflating. I mean imagine growing up with all these older people who had super cool costumes for Halloween rather than 'oh cool they put on a fun hat' how awesome that would be?! I definitely prefer the dressing up aspect much more than the candy.


No comments:

Post a Comment