Monday, April 15, 2013

I want to change the future as I look into your eyes.

While getting ready to put on mein kampfy pajamas on I found this nasty looking bruise that I don't remember receiving. It is things like this that keep me up at night.


Anyways, on the future!
I plan to continue working on my Tarot card project with Michelle Li, working towards a set of our favorite tarot cards from the Major Arcana. I think we can make a nice, completed product, we just need to work on getting the supplies to move on at the moment. I am collaborating with Michelle but I think I would still consider her in my community. Other than her I don't have a distinct community but I will talk (in a constructive manner) to those who are working on their projects around me at the moment in time. If you would like to know where I am with this project you can look on the blog post titled "Assessment".

As far as a minor goes I am thinking of maybe doing lyric pictures or practicing anatomy, or any other artistic endeavor that strikes me for the free moment. I don't want to call anything a 'project' because that puts me in the mindset that everything should go right or come as close to right as it can. I don't want to put that pressure upon the minor because I feel like it would be more useful without it. It is like how when I doodle I seem so much creative and better because I am not pressuring myself that 'it has to come out right' I feel this attitude creates a situation that can potentially stunt improvement. In the future I hope to have so much technical skill that drawing is as much as a breeze as doodles are.

As far as books go I think I am going to read Schiele by Reinhard Steiner.
http://www.amazon.com/Schiele-25-Reinhard-Steiner/dp/3836531380
I am going to do more research on this book before I buy it. Since the biography is on an artist I want to make sure it is definitely a biography and not a book of pictures of Egon Schiele's work. I tend to find myself drawn to Egon Schiele's work so I feel he would be somebody that I'd like to read about.


1 comment:

  1. Love the Schiele book. He was a maniac... but a very interesting maniac.

    I think that no matter what we should aim for a productive but low stress quarter for you. You are automatically a hard worker, so I don't think we have to worry about getting things done, knocking out projects, etc. I think that will just happen for you.

    Did you do any quick research into the Tarot and the Major Arcana?

    ReplyDelete