Thursday, December 6, 2012

Kontroll your thoughts.


There is something about Kontroll that speaks to me but I think it is mumbling. Although I'm not exactly sure what it is to me personally yet, but it is a film that will stick with me. Something I'll keep in my mind for a very long time. Maybe the movie is more of an experience to have than something to understand. I liked how there was something interesting about every character. Even the people you only see for a minute still leaves something in your mind. One that stuck to my eyelids was Laci. We don't see him a lot through out the film but there is still something about him that stuck with me. They way we was kinda off, in the beginning when Bulscu asked him if he was alright, and his reply being, "Great, just looking forward to getting back to work" when it is obvious this job is horrible. Then next time we see Laci, he snapped and slit a man's throat.
Another thing I was thinking about was how from the first time we see Bulscu, he is bleeding. He has a bloody nose when he lifts his head up the first time in the film. We never know what it came from but it is assumed that it is from his job as a kontroll. He never gets healed, but only gets worse until the murderer gets hit by the train and Bulscu finally leaves.

Writing this has helped with the comprehending the mumbling but I still need to think more about it.

If I wasn't nervous on the subway before, I am now. I spent a lot of time on subways this summer and each time there was always somebody really interesting. I think about what each of their lives may be like. 
By the way did we watch Kontroll because of the guy who got pushed in front of the subway the other day?
What a nice reminder to know that kind of stuff really happens.

On another note: If you don't know I have a daily practice where I do a drawing each day that relates to a song. here is the blog. If I don't post everyday, I still do them everyday. Follow it?

2 comments:

  1. The guy who shot this picture could have saved that poor man's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that you talk about the bloody nose. One thing I noticed while watching the film was that right in the beginning, when the drunk women is thrown into the tracks, Bulcsu wakes up with a bloody nose. After Bootsie is thrown into the tracks, Bulscu has that same exact bloody nose. That's what made me think he was in fact the murderer.

    ReplyDelete