Sunday, October 7, 2012



FEAR.
I am a product of fear.
I think like most the class when I was reading the book all I could think, that this book was reading my mind (but wording it better).
I think we went over the book a lot in class but I was thinking about how  "ART IS ONLY MADE BY ORDINARY PEOPLE" again because Friday night I went to a concert with Caitlin. We saw this guy named Jon Walker. It was a small venue and there was about 10 to 15 people there. However quite of few of the girls were shrieking and crying fangirls and were there because Jon Walker used to play bass for the band Panic! at the Disco. I thought it was kind of annoying but it was also kind of funny because Jon Walker was so surprised by it. He is surprised that these girls he has never met before are shrieking for him because he is a ordinary person. After the show Caitlin and I talked to him. Super nice ordinary dude.

A thing we talked about again in STAC was the 365s. I tried and failed the 365 my Freshmen but I was think of maybe trying it again. I think what went wrong last time was I set too many rules of what my 365 was. It was not only a drawing a day but it had to be realistic and from a picture. Of course that is possible to do but I didn't get through with it. I was thinking if I did it again if it would be more about making art every single day for a year (I think I do that anyways just in the form of small doodles) or if it would be more about the quality of the art every single day for a year. 

Another thing I was thinking about 365 related is this youtuber named Bing has a project called 'Past Bing Future Bing' where in 2011 he made a video every other day and kept them to himself until 2012. In 2012 he still makes a video every other day but releases them WITH the 'Past Bings'. So one day I see a video from Bing from a year ago and the next day I get a video from Bing that he filmed that day or maybe the day before. It is a 'conversation through time' where Past Bing may ask Future Bing a question and Future Bing might answer it in the next video.

Here is the first Past Bing: 

you can watch PBFB in a playlist by week. Here is a link to the first week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grh4hokT6OQ&list=SP53C7D46962081896&feature=plcp

Caitlin and I met him in the summer when he visited America so we were in a Future Bing:
If I were to ever do something like this maybe I would do it on a smaller scale maybe over the course of two months. I think this project is cool but I also see how hard it can be.

1 comment:

  1. The Bing idea is pretty darn brilliant. It's like a prediction and a diary at the same time.

    Half the problem of doing a 365 is making documenting it easy for yourself.


    Luke

    ReplyDelete