Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pas de Cheval

I have been trying to blog for the past two weeks but after play rehearsals and homework I pass out to wake up and do it again. But enough with the poor excuses and onto what I wanted to say!

PAINTING.
So my "Alex Katz" style painting painting went from a sad attempt at Alex Katz to a promising hell (but my favorite kind).
I just got an iphone (moving my way into the smartphone life) so I don't have the pictures of the process but:


This is possibly the most stressful painting I've worked on. I knew I didn't like the first version but I have never really had to redo or go over a painting like I did with this. I was afraid that what I was going to do was going to be worse than before, causing me to paint me and Ron Swanson for eternity. Although part of me know redoing a painting is fine, the other part of me says "You couldn't get the first time. You suck. You failed. You can't paint. You have no talent. You are stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Everybody is watching you be a stupid wannabe painter. They all know you suck too". That part of me isn't very nice or helpful.

I did enjoy the process of painting the current version (aka getting rid of the whole Alex Katz aspect of it). I like the freedom of that. 

MEGAN'S FILM

It has been a while since I did any acting that wasn't related to Our Town. I liked getting together with friends and shooting a film. It is nice. I think that was what  Art & Fear was said. Something about making friends who also make art. That is a huge reason why STAC is so great. I have a community of people who love art just like I do. I can't get that in my Italian or Trigonometry class.

COMM CENTER

Oh the community center~ it has been a while since we last went there. It was fun and a really nice break from a stressful school day. The pulse thing we did was especially cool. It reminds me of something my therapist would tell me to do before I go to sleep or when I get anxious. It is one of those things that make you see everything in a different mind set. I liked how after focusing on ourselves and the sounds and things around us we all got up and looked at each other and gave this look that says "Oh my god I feel so strange but yet so... nice".

A TOWN CALLED PANIC

Sadly I had to leave school early to go to a doctor so I could finish this movie in STAC. But when I got home I re-watched the movie in its entirety on Netflix. My sister (who is my nemesis) wanted to watch tv when I started the film so she sat there for the first ten minutes going "THIS IS SO STUPID." "WOW THIS SUCKS." "HOW IS THIS FUNNY?" "WOW YOU HAVE TO READ SUBTITLES. SO DUMB." but after that she got quieter and started watching and asking questions about what is going on. At the end of the movie she tells my dad "That movie is so stupid." causing me to say "Then why did you watch the whole movie?" she didn't have a comeback.

I thought this movie was really funny and so ridiculous. I kept thinking about how it is claymation and how that must of taken for ever to do (I read after that it took 260 days to complete). I kept looking at all the little details in the background. I have a horse mask so maybe we can to a live action film of  A Town Called Panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment