Monday, February 27, 2012

Death and All His Friends.

Title is a Coldplay song, because Coldplay is awesome, and should not be looked down upon.

          So that last Twilight zone episode put me in a funk. They pretty much took my biggest fear and explained it word for word. I am so incredibly afraid of death and what comes after it sickens me. If they put roller coasters and medical needles in there I would probably cry from all the fear (those are my other two fears)! I have a problem when I think far to much about life and reality and the world to the point where I get anxiety attacks and have to take one of my pills. I dwell on this subject a lot, I question reality and what is sanity far too much. Of course it had a nice ending, and I'm glad death came so nicely, but just thinking about the subject of dying put me in a weird state of mind. It is odd though although I am afraid to die I am still very fascinated with death, when it isn't me dying I think of it fondly. Even when I was little I always like that kind of morbid things. I would always make my Dad take me to the very old graveyards in Vermont by our house. I think of death as both a friend and an enemy. Maybe this is why I love the Halloween season so much.
Gravestone in a old cemetery in Vermont. The grave belongs to a woman who died in the 1700s named Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment