Monday, January 31, 2011

Margaret DeLima and the Coofebs

Tomorrow the Coofebs will be doing an art workshop with Margaret DeLima. When I got home today and started my I wasn't sure what kind of art Margaret does, because art has such a wide variety. I went to her website to see a sculpture of some sorts. From there I read her artist statement, I learned she is a visual artist that uses clay, paper, paint, tape, mold and so on. What stood out to me was that she does physcogeography. From reading her artist statement you can get a sense of what her art means to her, it relates to her life in some sort of way, or something she thinks about. I look at some of her artwork and I notice she does a lot of self portraits, which I liked because it was almost like view of how she sees herself. I think my favorite piece was 'Feed me' which was a pink bird house with a baby inside. I really can't wait to see what we are doing tomorrow, I am sure it will be interesting!

1 comment: