Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All Was Golden in the Sky

All was golden when the day met the night
I was thinking about dualities and this song came to mind. It is about the personifications of the Sun and the Moon meeting and the moon falling in love with the sun. It is from Panic! at the Disco's second album Pretty. Odd. which is my personal favorite from them even though most prefer the cabaret feel of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (which is also amazing). I feel like a lot of the dualities we are making conflict with each other but with this even though it is day and night I love how they join together. So lovely.

Ryan Ross is definitely my favorite lyricist, this song isn't the best example to show Ryan's amazing writing (I wanted to let you know I wrote ryting at first). Some of his lyrics has had a deep influence on me which is I think what makes great music. One of my favorites from Northern Downpour being "I know the world's a broken bone, but melt your headaches call it home". A lot of my digital drawings of lyrics (not 365 failure) come from Ryan Ross' brain. If I was anxiously counting the hours of sleep I can get before school I would go deeper into this but I will save that for another time.



1 comment:

  1. Pretty song - it reminds me of this one:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zU3U7E1Odc

    ReplyDelete